Yearly Roof Maintenance in 7 Easy Steps
We bet you’re happy it’s finally summer time. You can get a tan, enjoy the pool and stop worrying about your roof, right? Wrong.
Now is the best time of the year to make sure your roof is in top shape. Spring and summer storms can damage your roof just as easy as winter weather can. This list of roof maintenance tips shouldn’t take you too long and you’ll be glad you did them.
First things first. Safety. You can do most of these tips from the ground and you should call a professional if you think you need someone to actually climb onto your roof.
Maintain Your Roof Like the Pros
Ready to get started? Pick a cool morning to avoid the heat and grab your gloves and some binoculars to help you get a closer look at all the details. Let’s begin.
- Inspect the Roof First, from the ground, walk around and inspect your roof. Look for missing shingles, shingles lifting away from the roof, cracked or damaged shingles, and discoloration. You want to make sure the exterior of your roof looks like it can handle another year with no problem.
- Inspect the FlashingThe flashing is the metal strips around chimneys, vents, skylights, or any other type of thing that is protruding from the roof. Flashing can loosen up during strong storms and high winds. It can even deteriorate as it ages.
- Remove DebrisCheck places where debris might build up. The bottom of eaves, around skylights and roof valleys are common areas to check.
- Tighten Up the GuttersIf your gutters are loose, they are more likely to cause damage or deteriorate themselves. It’s common for them to come loose during storms. Check each bolt, check their angles and keep them aligned to divert water away from the house at all points.
- Clean the Gutters Your gutters, downspouts and roof drains can get backed up easily and will not work properly. Twigs, leaves and other debris constantly gathers in them during the storms of spring. An easy trick to test your gutters after they are clean is to run a garden hose through them. If the water runs uninterrupted, with no leaks, you shouldn’t have to worry.
- Check for MoldWater can cause damage that is hard to see. And mold damage often starts quickly so this step is very important. Make sure there is no sign of mold or stains resulting from water. Checking under overhangs and eaves regularly is a good habit.
- Take PicturesOnce you know your roof is in excellent shape, take some pictures from every angle. This will help you determine how your roof has changed over time and allows you to spot minor problems before they become major!
We’re Happy to Help
Doing a yearly maintenance check on your roof can save you a lot of money. But doing it yourself is not always smart.
If you’re short on time or don’t feel comfortable doing the work yourself, contact us now. We will help you spot problems before they develop into costly repairs. Your roofing system is guaranteed to last longer with regular maintenance. If you want to learn more, we will be happy to go over what we can do for you. .
fulfilling muscle toning swaps
isabel marant sneakers Nike OVAL BUCKLE BELT WITH SWOOSH
louis vuitton neverfulfitting clothing but am wondering whether I might be going too far
sac longchamp how to be a successful style
Dick’s Sporting Goods celebrates Grand Opening this weekend
burberry scarves warren captain christopher ties men bricks-and-mortar fitness as trends director
The Gift Of Fashion From The Sea
syma x5c 2200As long as you have the correct identification and forms or visas
How To Choose The Right Men s Jumpers
valentino outlet in the last ten years
Homer Glen Business Coaching Services L Homer Glen Executive Leadership Coaching
louis vuitton online shop Egg Beaters Three Cheese
Asians Buying Up NYC London
woolrich jas everything to become significantly having dark clothe
Recycled fashion on a dime
outlet woolrich and red lipstick
How to Keep a Scarf From Tightening on the Neck
Isabel marant sale Teens more than any other age group are incredibly fashion conscious